BA in Modern Languages, University of Verona
MLitt in Women, Writing, and Gender, University of St Andrews
MA in European, American, and Postcolonial Languages and Literature, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
Queer Studies; Gender Studies; Contemporary Italian Literature; Comparative Literature; Film Studies; Anglo-American Literature
My research investigates homonormativity and homonationalism in the depiction of queer Italian domesticities, by looking at contemporary Italian and Anglo-American novels and films. It also explores the tension between going north and going south in various articulations of Italy.
- AAIS 2021, Panel: Intersectional Analysis and Italian Studies, May-June 2021;
- ‘Homonormativity and Mainstream Contemporary LGBTQ+ Fiction,’ In Between “Pop-” and “Post-” Conference, University of Verona, December 2020;
- ‘Resisting the Derangement: the MaddAddam Trilogy by Margaret Atwood and Amitav Ghosh,’ Breaking Boundaries Conference, University of Lisbon, September 2019;
- ‘Postcolonial Belonging Inside University Spaces,’ Displacement Conference, CUNY Graduate Center, November 2018;
- ‘Fun Home and the Queer Domestic Space,’ Man of the House Conference, University of St Andrews, June 2018.